Tuesday, January 02, 2007

The Stomach Flu Blues....

Well I spent my New Years Day in bed with the stomach flu....if there is anything I hate...it is the stomach flu. I started feeling a little queezy late New Years Eve night and by 6 a.m. the next morning...whamo! I was sick and it lasted all day. As I lay in our "sick room"...Katie (my oldest) joined me, she was ill too. So far my husband and the other three have not gotten it yet. Let's keep our fingers crossed!


Before I was struck down by the infernal illness I got some stitching done. One I can't show because it is a secret for an exchange. The other I can show:

This was in my goodies I received from Cathy. It is Pine Mountains Monthly Rounds. Isn't it cute?! I loved it! I gave it as a gift to my stepmother for Christmas. She loved it too! Thanks again Cathy!

I'm stitching today on Prairie Schooler's January Clock from the Prairie Year leaflet. I'm going to try to keep up with those monthly this year (yeah right!). Plus I'm going to figure out some of my Pay It Forward gifts that I need to get done and out of here, so they aren't hanging over my head. THEN, I really need to pick up VoHRH ~ I've not touched that since SEPTEMBER.

I hope everyone has had a wonderful holiday season...now it's back to the grind...I'm ready. Since I effectively had a "purging" yesterday....it's gangbusters with my diet! LOL! At least that's a positive way to look at spending the whole day with my head in the toilet.

Cheers!


10 comments:

  1. Oh no, what a start to the new year Vonna! I hope you're feeling better now!
    Oh, and a very happy New Year to you and your family, of course!
    I love your little snowman tuck pillow. That's so cute.
    So you've been dreaming of the Vollage too, have you? I can't WAIT to get started again. In February I'm going to tackle Blocks 6 and 9 (still working towards the dreaded Block 12!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that you are feeling better Vonna, stomach flu is rotten, what a start to the new tear. Your pine mountain pillow is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you started out your year ill. It can only get better now.

    I love the January pillow, very cute.

    Thanks for the lovely comments you always make about my VoHRH.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are feeling much better!

    Your snowman pillow is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh poor Vonna - what a way to bring in the New Year :-( At least most of the kiddies are free of it and I hope they stay that way.

    I think you deserve a day with your feet up and your stitching in hand to help you recover!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love your January pillow. I hope you and your daughter are feeling better by now. I know what its like to go through new years with the stomach flu and with your daughter, lol. I did it when my oldest was a baby and my MIL and FIL are the ones that gave it to us on our trip to see them so I spent the whole trip in bed and then some when I got home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear that your new year started off that way. Hope the rest of the family stays healthy!

    Glad you enjoyed stitching the January pillow! They are quick to stitch and the finishing couldn't be any easier. Instant gratification!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vonna, sorry to hear you guys were under the weather. Hope things are better. That snowman tuck pillow is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a way to start the new year.....hoping you are feeling better very soon!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. No way! You were sick during last year, and now again! I sure hope you will get better soon. (Still reading in chronological order.)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher