Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Progress Report - Nantucket Rose

My progress on Nantucket Rose....hmmm...not much to look at is there?! But this is two days work of stitching...probably about 4 hours. Not too shabby - I'm thinking.

Rose is a beauty when completed. Here's a picture of her in all her glory:
I can only dream of the day that she'll be gracing my bedroom wall in all her glory! I look at her and think...what is she looking at?! What is she thinking?! Is she reading a love letter? Checking her makeup? What???!!!

Anyway stitching the trees...which is where I'm at....is complicated...lots of thread changes in very similar green tones make me go cross-eyed. AND I've found as I've aged that stitching with my contacts is a big NO~NO...especially with tiny stitching with mulitple thread changes...Yesterday I had my contacts in and had to go up and take them out my eyes were watering so badly and I couldn't focus. Plus I've decided that I'm going to have to make a "working" copy of the stitching so that I can use a highlighter to mark what I have and "have not" stitched. I'm telling you I'm going cross eyed trying to figure it out! LOL! But the struggle is worth the outcome...no?

I finally entered into the realm of "bloglines" and am finding myself even more compulsive about checking my computer!! And as many blogs as I read...everytime I come to check...someone has updated and of course I feel that I must look because I may be missing some dramatic finish or stitching....I'm having fun and that's what its all about!

Thanks to all you nice people out there that visit my blog! I enjoy reading your comments and in turn reading your blogs. You all are very creative and my stitching and finishing and ideas have all improved since coming into the blogging world!
Until next time! :o)

24 comments:

  1. Ooo, pretty choice - Nantucket Rose is one my favorite L&L's! (Your Dancing Queen is messing with my Sirius Satellite Radio on my desktop - gulp!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nantucket Rose is off to a great start.

    I know what you mean about bloglines, since I changed over to Goggle Reader and it's SO realiable that every time I check it I have 3-4 blogs to look at because people have posted. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. KarenV1:44 PM

    That's a really pretty piece - you've made a great start :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:08 PM

    I am glad to see you are finally doing something for Vonna!!!!!!!!!!!! What a beautiful choice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nantucket is off to a great start! I know what you mean about the eyes...I think I have to get stronger readers even with my Ott-lite! I can't wait to see more progress. She is on to do list. I think she is just day dreaming....not enough of that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW. That is quite a project you have started. Many hours of stitching.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!! This is going to be such a beautiful piece, and I am looking forward to seeing it come to life!

    I have given up on Blogroll and use Google Reader--so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She's off to a great start! It's going to be gorgeous when you finish.

    I like Bloglines a lot. I use Blog Roll too, just so I have the links on my blog but for my reading I use Blogline.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great start on NR. I've had the fabric and pattern for years - but always get sidetracked to other things since it's 'just for me'! Maybe I should dig it out.... Hmmmm........

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - you have really completed a lot of stitching since the first of the year! Hope everyone is feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nantucket Rose is such a lovely piece, we'll be rooting for ya. She's so demure almost as fragile as rose petals isn't she?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rose is going to look awesome hanging in your bedroom! You're off to a great start. Ah, working copies are what helps to keep my sanity (not to say I haven't already lost a lot of it!).

    ReplyDelete
  13. My goodness, woman, where do you find the courage to start a project like this one? I'd need an eye transplant to even consider this! It looks gorgeous though, so well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice start to NR, that is going go great in your bedroom when done.

    ReplyDelete
  15. that's going to be so pretty! and it will be lots of fun to read your blog, too. got your comment on mine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous9:43 PM

    Vonna,

    That will be lovely in your pretty bedroom. I haven't touched a needle in weeks, so I've no progress to report on my blog.

    Julianne

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well done on a great start Vonna.
    If Rose is a mother, perhaps she is thinking, "now where did i put that ....."

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great start! One suggestion though - go with a pencil instead of a highlighter, I've heard too many horror stories of a highlighter being dropped on stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, this will be beautiful! I can't wait to see more updates :) Your biscornu is a beauty as well, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You've made a great start on Rose! Enjoy your blogroll. Isn't it fun? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love Nantucket Rose--and I hear you on the color changes and slightly more mature eyes. I use a pack of different color highlighters, which helps. But I still wind up frogging!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi, nice to meet you. I'm beyond that age and into "face facts," too. I found I can still stitch but am rushing to finish Firefly Faeries before I can no longer work on linen. Sigh. Anyway, wanted to share the weapons in my arsenal (bought me a few more years at what I love, anyway.) Use a floor lamp with full spectrum bulb. Ottlite if you can afford it (I can't) but Enrich seems to work, too. Reading glasses (cheap ones at the drug store - try them on). When you make your working copy, ENLARGE it. And I use a highlighter, but I think using colored pencil is good advice for both of us.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! You sure have quite a project as your WIP! I am sure NR will look gorgeous on that wall of your bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am stitching the same project. I don't understand why the color threads I'm stitching is darker than the picture. For example DMC 3051 & 936 are practically the same color but the pic shows 936 as having a brownish tone. What went wrong?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher