Tuesday, January 30, 2007

My tin exchange


Su e-mailed me this afternoon letting me know that she received my tin that I had made for her in our personal tin box exchange. I believe she really likes it! I didn't know that Su liked Bees or Beehives, but I thought this little design ~ which is an element from a larger design by Little House Needleworks, entitled "Joy in the Journey" ~ was really cute! This design was featured in one of the last For the Love of Cross Stitch magazines a few years back.
Imagine my surprise when Su told me that bees and skeps are one of her favorite things! Yippee for me! I picked good! It really was a coincidence!
I found the lovely fabric at a Wal-mart. It brought out all the romantic pastel colors that I cross stitched, as I changed all the colors. :) AND I did know that Su favored roses, and had that in mind as I was selecting the fabric to line the box inside and out.

I used a green cording and a braided cording for the top and sides of the covered box. Then on the inside I chose a golden yellow wee cording to outline the top and bottom of the inside box.

I stitched the design on 35 ct. raw linen and personalized the box with her name. I used all DMC in my own color choices. I'm glad Su liked my little box that I made for her. I was more than a little nervous because words cannot describe Su's creativity and stitching abilities...my humble abilities seem so far down the scale compared to hers...but this little box turned out beautifully in my own opinion. Thank you to Su for exchanging with me. Our agreed deadline was April 1st...I was more than a little early :) But I was just so thrilled to be stitching for Su that I jumped right in with both feet! LOL! I'm tickled that I'll be getting something FABULOUS I'm sure from Su this Spring!

Again my sincere thanks for all the visitors both new and old friends! Your nice comments are definitely a boost to my day! Until next time :)

29 comments:

  1. Your tin for Su is just GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW the tin you have made my sis (Su) is absolutely gorgeous. You have brilliant talent as well ya know!! I did smile at you being such an early bird :-))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! What a sweet little tin! I can imagine Su is loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute. What kind of a tin did you use? I always wanted to make one of these tin boxes but am never sure what kind of a tin I should look for to use. I am glad she liked it so much :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That turned out great! I love it! The fabric is so pretty. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You certainly finished this one quickly! And such a beauty too! Of course Su's thrilled. It's still a mystery to me how you do these wonders with the tins. Can't wrap my mind around it...

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so very lovely! Good job and what a fast finish! And please visit my blog as you have been tagged!

    ReplyDelete
  9. it is so pretty, you did such a great job. You should give all of us a lesson how to line the fabric so perfectly inside and out.
    Very impressive piece and great selection and stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really, really love it - I keep looking at it, I only hope you wo't be disappointed with what I do for you - yours is such a beautiful finish.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's BEEutiful, Vonna :)
    Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is really really gorgeous! How do you get the fabric to stick to the tin? And do you fold it over around the edges? I can’t tell how you do it, can you explain it… somehow? :D Maybe you’ll have to make another one and do a demonstration. Su loves it, from what I read in her blog. How awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, what a gorgeous tin.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You really did a lovely job with that tin Vonna!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Vonna, It's gorgeous!! You did great job, this is such a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bravo, amazing work and meticulous finishing. Just absolutely lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You did an amazing job Vonna, it's just gorgeous! I would love to know exactly how you lined it too - I've done tin toppers before but I've never done the lining bits and I'm not quite sure where to start.

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW!! I also sent a comment from your Cyberstitchers gallery. This is just totally amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm awestruck, Vonna! What an awesome job you did with your tin! Your finishing is absolutely superb, you have no right to question yourself about it. I too am wondering how you manage to get the fabric to stick so neatly to the sides of the tin.

    Gorgeous job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh My Gosh! That tin is too cute...yes..I want to know details as well if you're so inclined. I have a drawer full of different tins and now that I have some motivation would love some direction on how you constructed yours with fabric, cording etc...thanks for sharing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome finish! What a great idea to use part of Joy in the Journey.

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW! This is awesome : )

    Job well done! What talent & eye for detail : )

    Smashing tin Vonna ... enjoy the day

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW BEAUTIFUL!!!
    Thanks a lot for posting a tutorial on how to do this :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. The tin is gorgeous!!! Such beautiful work!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your tin for Su is gorgeous!!! Where have you been hiding Vonna???

    ReplyDelete
  26. VERY nice, Vonna! You did a great job on the tin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your tin finish is absolutely exquisite! :D

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oooooooo
    Ahhhhhhh

    so beautiful - what a lovely tin - I just love it.

    my turn with the lovelies!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely tin! You sure know how to finish things in style! I could never make anything like that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher