Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Monday Stitching...


Hi everyone! I've had a busy weekend...first I worked 22 hours or so at work between Saturday morning and Sunday evening...so that leaves little for stitching....but Monday the kids and DH had off because of the MLK holiday, so I used that to get some stitching done. I'm signed up for A LOT of exchanges with late winter/early spring mailing dates! I needed to get at least one project done. So I chose a Biscornu for yesterday to start and I didn't think I would get it finished...but here is a small picture to show just a fraction of the entire thing...so it is not spoiled for anyone...although I don't believe my exchange partner reads my blog anyway...
Here it is in all it's glory. I tried something different for my second Biscornu....I sewed tiny antique seed beads of the matching color all along the seam. I was playing around just to see what it would look like and you can see on my small little picture that ... it looks pretty darn good!

I stitched this little guy on 28 ct. lavender mist jobelan, using DMC 52 (varigated purple/lavender) , then Mill Hill seed beads 02085 for the seams and I found the most gorgeous glass swirled purple/lavender button. Once the exchange is mailed and my partner receives it I'll post all the pictures I took of it.

Let me enable all you readers and crafters out there to try this finish. I did this in one day, start to finish. It is really a very easy finish and the results are astounding because it always looks like...how did you do that?

Well we have a little ice/snow mix here in central Indiana this morning. The kids are in school, but one is at home because I believe he has strep throat...so it's off to see the Doctor yet again! We've seen the doctor so many times in last 9 years with our four kids that I know I've paid off at least 4 years of his college loans :)

Today I'll be stitching on one of my exchange pieces...which one...I have no idea...but I'll find one that catches my interest and get started on it :) I have 3 of my 5 PIF gifts delivered...so that leaves 2. I'm working on one right now and it's very close! But I think I'll leave it as a surprise...it's much more fun that way!

Thank you to all of the readers that have visited and left comments for me...there's been some newbies leaving comments! THANKS! I'll definitely blogroll you and visit soon! Thanks to all my readers, your comments bring a smile to my face and a warmth to my heart! Plus they stroke my ego...and we all can use a little of that from time to time...yes?!

Until next time!

17 comments:

  1. The little bit of the Biscornu you're showing looks pretty.

    You're right we have a lot in common, nursing, 4 kids and love to stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - Biscornus (biscorni?) are very easy to finish, but look so good. The one you're teasing us with looks very pretty - can't wait to see the full piece :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, looking forward to seeing more than just a peek :-) Stay safe and warm - we had the ice storm yesterday - you should see my driveway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That beaded seam is GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The beads are an excellent touch! oooooo ... I want to see the rest of it, too.

    Take care of your son with possible strep. I keep my fingers crossed it is just a sore throat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh you have my interest peaked. I love the color purple! Looking to see this in its entirety. Thanks for the idea of finishing with beads along the edge, I will have to try that one day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooooh, looking fantastic so far :)
    Can't wait to see the full pic :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks beautiful!! I can't wait to see the whole biscornu :) What a good idea to use beads, I must try that one day. I love stitching biscornus too, the shape is great also for scissor fobs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read your comment on my blog...all I can say is IU is *far* inferior to Indiana's TRUE state university, Purdue. :-) Besides, gold and black are much prettier colors than cream and crimson (yeah, that's a fancy way of saying "red and white"...you Hoosiers are always trying to make yourselves appear better...LOL!)

    Thanks for stopping in...I'll add you to my Google Reader so I can get to "know" you better! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your project looks great, I love the beads and can't wait to see a larger pic. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. You really are an awful tease, Vonna! Can't wait to see the whole biscornu.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Like everyone else has already said, I can't wait to see this piece in its entirety. I love lavender/ purple scheme and the idea of using beads is pure genius! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. hey, you seem to love stitching as my Mom. whenever she gets time she sits with a whole lot of this stuffs n my dogs starts jumping aroung her. Its such a funny sight to look at.hahah!!

    take care
    cheers
    justin

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww, such a sweet biscornu! You're getting really good at this, Vonna!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Even though it's just a little peek, I can tell that the biscornu is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love how your fabric turned out! I dye my own fabrics but I have never tried baking it. I definately will have to try that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am sure the end product is gorgeous, if you have that great success with beads.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher