Wednesday, January 31, 2007

I'm humbled!

Thanks to all of you that have commented with such positive and glowing remarks to my tin box finish and exchange with Su! If you don't know what I'm talking about, please see my January 30th post below :)

I've recently had many people ask how I've done things and finished some of my projects. *Plus* I have another finish for an exchange that should be received either today or tomorrow that I did take detailed pictures of for posting... As I've never seen this one done before and is my own design and layout. I'm really excited about this finish..because I mentally labored over it for a long time trying to figure out how to do it and I think it came out *smashing*! But alas you'll have to wait to see this one until my "partner" receives it.

Anyway, I've decided to make another "blog" for my finishing techniques that I've done. Now mind you, I do NOT *think* I'm the master finisher - BUT I do know that at times I struggle with "how to's" and hit a concrete wall with how to finish projects. I'm always inspired by all you fabulous ladies out there and many times I wonder how a certain thing was finished, or where did you get that idea, etc. So I've created a little "space" where as I get time, I'll post how I've done things to help others finish items if they think they'd like to give it a "go". Plus there are many routes to take to do a any kind of finish to a project and I *may* have a way that is different than the way someone else does it.

In my sidebar is a link to "The Twisted Stitcher Tutorials", but you can click on this link HERE for my first installation and detailed description on how I finished Su's tin box.

Again, my sincere and heartfelt thanks to all of you that have left such super nice comments about my recent projects and exchanges. I've had a multitude of "new" commenters lately and I see from my "hits" bar that many have come but not commented...leave a comment! I love to read them and make new friends. I try to always visit everyone's blog when they visit mine and would love to meet many more new friends!
Thanks again and until next time....I'm signing off!
*I'm thankful for the inspiration all of my on-line friends *new and old* give to me! It really IS a small world with the internet to help us all become friendly and exchange ideas :)

11 comments:

  1. Brilliant tutorial Vonna, I couldn't have put it better myself - maybe you should do the tut. on the finishing board, I can always do something else - yours is really clear and easy to follow, mush better than I would do.
    I'm taking my tin to work tomorrow to show the gorls I meet for Thursday lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vonna, I am "finishing challenged", but I might be able to do something like this with your excellent instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vonna,

    Lovely work on the tin. I love the fabric that you used to line the box. Thanks so much for taking the time to write such great instructions on how to do this project.

    Julianne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I breezed through your tutorial Vonna, and it looks very thorough! You did great on both the tin and the tutorial. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Vonna! You have really honed your finishing skills quite rapidly - I am very proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the wonderful instructions Vonna! I've bookmarked them and will hopefully try them out at some point :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah! A tutorial page, and about time! You are a sweetie to share all your tried and true talents with us, Vonna.

    And I just visited Mary Kathryn's blog and she has posted pics of her birthday gift. Another amazing project a la Vonna!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for taking time to make a tutorial, I have saved it for future reference. I appreciate that. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there! I deleted my last comment by mistake! Here's what I wrote...

    Just wanted to say I love your finishes and wanted to thank you for the tutorial blog :-)
    Hope to see more! - Just a small question - where is this finishing board that Su mentioned in her comment?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for taking the time to post tutorials for your finishing techniques! You make such lovely things!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher