Thursday, January 04, 2007

First 2007 Finish

Hooray for me! I got my first 2007 finish done! I started this on Dec. 31 and finished it today!
I made it into a little scissors fob...I ruched some silk ribbon and sewed it to the top......This is from Prairie Schooler's - Prairie Year. I stitched it on 28 ct. coffee stained (by me!) linen and used DMC threads.
This is going to some lucky participant of my Pay It Forward Challenge....hmmmm....I wonder who?!
Still have the stomach flu blues here at the house...it's taken me 3+ days to recover and now my DH has it...the kids so far seem to be having strong immune systems...I'm praying that it stays that way. I was supposed to work this weekend, but thankfully my co-worker is trading weekends with me so I don't have to work!! YIPPEE! I'm just going to relax and get better and hopefully the kids will stay healthy.


Thanks for all your well wishes for good holidays, new year resolutions and visiting my blog...you all make me feel so good! Until next time! ;o)
I'm thankful for New Starts and New Beginnings....

17 comments:

  1. Great finish! I'm sure that the lucky recipient will be very pleased. :) I hope that the kids stay healthy and that your DH recovers quickly. Being sick is no fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks fantastic! Great job on the coffee dye it looks so nice. :)

    Glad to hear you are feeling better. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vonna I LOVE the scissor fob! I had to immediately stop reading and pull my PS binder off the shelf to make sure I have Prairie Year. I do, so I can stitch one too! Not sure when I'll get to it, but yours is great - I love the ruched ribbon just on the top. Kewl idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful finish, Vonna! Its amazing that you managed to do anything much after being so sick, poor girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so pretty! The ribbon on top looks so nice too. Great touch :)

    Glad you are feeling better, I hope your DH gets better soon and your kids don't get it :( That is the worst!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your first 2007 finish, it's very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a lovely piece! Quite nice for the first one of 2007! I do so hope DH and all of you are over that awful flu soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh, good luck with that stomach bug. I hope you've chased it out of the house by now.
    I LOVE your PS clock, Vonna. That's defnintely one project I'm going to stitch myself. If I ever get the time...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yikes, hopefully you will all get better soon. Your clock scissor fob is cute. Whoever gets it is lucky, :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good Evening GF: Sorry to hear about that 'bug' what a bummer.

    Luv your PS fob. It is an awesome way to finish!

    Also, that January round is sooooo cute : )

    Enjoy the week-end

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vonna, I just can't believe that only the adults in your house got the stomach bug! That's plain weird! Lol! Add mine to all the good thoughts and prayers that the kids stay well and you and dh are in tip top shape soon!

    Looks like you put some of your down time to good use tho - very creative use of ribbon on a scissor fob. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your first finish of the year! The ribbon on top is really cool :)

    Hope everyone is feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Vonna you did a fabulous job-i love the ribbon at the top-it really makes it special.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely finish to start 2007 with. I LOVE that ribbon on top.

    Hope you are feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Its a wonderful forst finish of 2007 - I love it!! Hope you recover soon from that stomach flu!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like that finish, very creative and ruffled ribbons...just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this especially how you have done the ruffles on the top :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher