Sunday, January 07, 2007

Ewww, Ewww, Ewww my first Biscornu!

Happy dance for me....I signed up for a biscornu exchange on the Robin's Nest and decided that I needed to try to make one before I had to make one....so here is my efforts:
SIDE ONE:


SIDE TWO:

BISCORNU SIDE VIEW:

I stitched this little beauty from a freebie pattern off of a french website....can't find the link right now...but if interested let me know and I'll find it...anyway...it's stitched on 28 ct. antique ivory. I stitched with some Anchor varigated needlepoint thread that I found at hobby lobby, it has orange, yellow, rust and hot pink colors in it. I thought it was just beautiful actually....
When I finished it I put little clear glass beads on each corner to give a sort of majestic look and I added cording so that it could be used as a scissors fob. Wouldn't it look lovely attached to a pair of Gingher Lanell scissors?! I thought so....because as I was stitching this I had a person in mind for this on my Pay It Forward list. So....that lucky person can expect this in their mailbox sometime this week! Hmmm.....wonder who it will be?! Dunno...guess we'll all have to wait to see :o)
I feel like I have been banging out projects lately...what's up with that? Oh....winter break and no school, no cub scouts, no girl scouts, no soccer, no swimming, etc. etc. etc. Guess since school starts back up tomorrow my "realistic" stitching patterns will return....Oh, well it was fun while it lasted!
Until Next time!
Hey thanks to all the new people that have been visiting my blog! Love all the visits...and all the super nice comments from everyone....you all inspire me and make me smile!

19 comments:

  1. Oh mi gosh! That is beautiful! I love the colours, and the beads... and all of it actually. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Vonna - how pretty! Can't even tell it is your first attempt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done for a first try. I love the beads you have used on the corners.
    Beware - biscornus are very addictive!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job, Vonna! I agree with Tessa; biscornus are definitely addictive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woot!! It's perfect Vonna! Congratulations. :D
    I've been so inspired by everyone's biscornus and I think I've found a design in my stash that would work. Now to just get it together. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your biscornu is great. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!! That is a lovely biscornu; can't believe it is your first attempt. And I have never seen it used as a scissors fob; what a great idea, Vonna!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great! I would have never known it was a first attempt. Don't you feel accomplished? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that came out so pretty! I have been meaning to try one of these for awhile now too. Great job on yours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great finish, Vonna! And very impressive for your very first try at one of these.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just gorgeous Vonna! Excellent first! Love the beads-that is going to be one lucky pay it forward recipient.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, beautiful, Vonna!! It looks like you are an expert instead of a 1st attempt!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your first attempt at a biscornu is a triumph, lady! It's gorgeous. The beads are a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice! I have not tried one yet! You did a wonderful job with the stitching + finishing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on your first biscornu - it is beautiful. I love the colors and the beads are perfect in the points. I have yet to try one of these myself.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Its wonderful, and you wouldn't think it was your very first one, I haven't been brave enough yet to try and make one.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've never done a biscornu before Vonna, you're inspiring me :) What can say with all those lovely beads...ooh la la!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful finish for your first try at a bisornu, I have yet to do one of these the beads add a lovely touch to it...well done :-))

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous biscornu! I hope your kids can go to school, when it is their time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher