Friday, December 08, 2006

My Exchange for the USEBB Winter Blast

I *pinched* these pictures from Juanita - my Winter Blast partner...her pictures were much clearer than mine.....
Here's what I stitched for the Winter Blast on the USEBB exchange board. It is from Prairie Schooler's Winter Wind.

This was my very first flat fold...I put twisted green/red cording/with gold beads all around the front and back of the flat fold then I glued tiny snowflakes all down the sides.
On the back I used the coolest fabric I could find...that matched the colors from the block. Then I stitches a small block with our initials and the year and name of the exchange. I think it turned out pretty good! For a first timer....on the flat fold technique. I learned a lot from this so the next will be better. I hope Juanita enjoyed the package as much as I enjoyed putting it together! Here's the goodies I sent along:
I sure am enjoying myself in these exchanges. I hope my partners aren't disappointed with my stitching and finishing techniques. I'm sure they wouldn't say they *hated* them (even if they secretly did! LOL!).

Well that's it on my front for today. Tomorrow and Sunday I have to work. So I'll be visiting everyone's blogs on my break! Have a great weekend!

10 comments:

  1. Vonna,

    I don't know how anyone could NOT like your beautiful stitching and finishing. Your flat fold is simply gorgeous! I just ordered that pattern and I feel a flat fold finish coming on. LOL. I really like the fabric that you used on the back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent job on the flat fold! looks great. Both exchanges are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did an amazing job with the flat fold Vonna! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:33 PM

    You did a fantastic job on the flat fold, Vonna. And great choice of fabric and cording too! You don't give yourself enough credit, girl! I'm sure Juanita was thrilled.

    I hope your working weekend goes well!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are beautiful! Not only are the finishes polished and professional looking, but I like the creative touches like the snowflakes. I can't believe you can get so much done with a job and four kids too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, your flatfold is absolutely gorgeous! And that's your first one? Holy cow, you did GOOD! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice box of goodies and stitching you sent to Juanita. I'm sure she's very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your flat fold turned out beautifully it looks like you've been doing them for years. I like the Prarie Schooler design you chose to stitch too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think your project turned out fantastic! Great job with the flat fold and the fabric you chose is perfect. It's very lovely. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous4:20 PM

    Love the piece you stitched and the way you finished it - just gorgeous and so creative! (cozyegg)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher