Wednesday, December 13, 2006

A Christmas gift has made it across the pond....

Here is a little ornament that I stitched for my dear friend Harmien. It is from the JCS Ornament Issue 2006 from Little House Needleworks. I didn't use any of the suggested colors or fabrics! Instead I chose my own. My substitutions were red for the pot and there were little X's in the corners that I used the same red. Then I used a pale lime green for the leaves and around the boarder, for the pears I used a pale yellow/gold. I think it turned out beautifully. I stitched it over 1 on 32 ct. linen that was called squash. I trimed the edges of the small ornie with a grosgrain ribbon attached down the middle so it sort of rolled to stand up. Harmien received it last weekend, and I think she liked it!

Well, I've been stitching away the last couple of days, I'm having a much needed "Mommy's" break...I'm still taking care of everything, but I'm letting my "housework" slide a little. I'm burning myself out, I've been rushing around running everywhere. So I'm slowing down for the next couple of days to rest a little. What I'm stitching is for an exchange, so I can't share any news or details other than, the design is Out of Print and rather old and the picture on the pattern doesn't do the real thing justice! I thought the pattern was so-so, but as I stitch it, I think I'm going to stitch it for myself!!! Plus I think I came up with an ingenious finish...if it all works out...I've been thinking about it in my head for days now and finally I put my plan into action today. We'll see if it all turns out well.
I guess that's it for me today. Have a great day and if I don't post for a couple of days....I'll be around before the end of the week :)

8 comments:

  1. Beautifully done! I think your color changes look wonderful on that fabric and so does the ribbon along the edge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty ornament. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the finishing especially what you've done with the ribbon. Really creative and sooo pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is lovely! the changes in color are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  5. Harmien4:15 AM

    Like I have said before: you are a wizz with ribbon. We just put up our Christmas tree last night and your ornie takes pride of place. I love it, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your Mommy break, Vonna. In fact, you may have inspired me to have one myself!
    I love the ornie you stitched for Harmien! I'm sure she's thrilled, and I can't wait to see it IRL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a lovely ornie, Vonna! You have me very intrigued with the new finish you are going to try. I can't wait to see the results.

    Taking the Mommy break is a great idea. I could go for one of those too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous12:10 PM

    I love your new color changes - the pastel version is striking and I am sure Harmien loves it!

    Carol - Garden of Stitches

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher