Saturday, November 25, 2006

USEBB Ornament Exchange Received!




Well I received word from Myrna that the ornament that I made for her was received in good condition! Whew! My first exchange is under my belt and I all that I can say is THANK HEAVENS! Here's the low down on what I stitched. It is the featured design from Country Cottage Needleworks that was on the front cover of the Just Cross Stitch Magazine Ornament Issue 2006. Myrna said her main tree was in whites and blues, after I read that, I knew exactly what I was going to stitch, especially after I read Myrna's Wishlist and saw that she had some Little House Needleworks patterns picked out as well! I stitched it with DMC floss on 28 ct. Raw Linen. I stuffed it into a small pillow ornament and bound the edges in twisted white cording with gold beads. I thought it turned out well. Isn't it the cutest design? I love CCN and LHN designs! This was quick to stitch too! I sent along some goodies in the package to Myrna, however, I forgot to take a pic of them, so we'll just have to wait to see them when Myrna posts them on her blog! I'm glad you liked the ornament and goodies Myrna! It was a pleasure to stitch for you!
Hope everyone had a great Turkey Day!
:D

15 comments:

  1. Fantastic ornament Vonna! I am sure Myrna adores it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your first exchange gift is awesome Vonna! Your ornament is beautiful and I'm sure that Myrna loves it. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:07 PM

    That just came out so very nice! I say great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:41 PM

    Wow, you have done a really beautiful job on the Contry Cottage design! It is so pretty! I bet the person who got it is just so happy with it!! Congrats on a great finish!! Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely ornament; I love the colors! And your finishing is beautiful as well--congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous ornament. I love what you did with the cording.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's beautiful, Vonna! And you did an awesome job with the finishing of the ornie too. LHN have the sweetest designs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful work, Vonna, both in the stitching and finishing. Brava! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just popped over to say hello Vonna - Thank you for leaving such lovely comments on my blog lately, I really appreciate them.

    Your ornament is so beautifully finished Vonna - well done, I am sure Myrna loved to receive this as her exchange piece.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vonna, your ornament turned out just gorgeous. I know Myrna will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous8:17 AM

    Awesome Vonna! I love this design and I adore the way you finished it. It's going to look perfect on Myrna's tree. Great Christmas cactus you've got there too! Thanks for all your sweet comments for Emma. She seems to be doing well this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that ornament, I was going to stitch that for myself, and the way you finished it really makes it nice. Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet ornament--and the finishing job is perfection...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Vonna... I LOVE the ornament!! It is hanging right here next to the computer until the tree is up! I am just overwhelmed at your generosity to me... Your exchange was awesome!

    I can't believe you read my whole blog! Are you sure I didn't put you to sleep doing that?

    Thank you again!

    Happy Stitching Holidays!

    {{{Hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher