Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Quick Finish



Here's a quick finish and another ornament off my list of "to do's"!!! This one is for my nephew Nicholas. This is a Lizzie Kate pattern and I stitched it on 18 ct. Aida (I've come to not care that much for aida lately, but I have a slew of it so I'm using it for ornies like this). I used WDW threads and I really like the way it turned out. I used the cardboard sandwich method again and although the corners in the middle aren't perfect....(argh!) I think it turned out ok. I've got to quit knocking myself up about things not being perfect. I'm not perfect, so thus the things I make aren't going to be "perfect"....I think this little ornie looks cute although the corners are not identical........

A big THANK YOU! for all the nice comments on my bedroom! I love blogging, as it makes my self confidence soar at times when I really need it! Glenna commented on the old sewing machine in my bedroom. I do have an old treadle sewing machine that is in perfect working condition...I sometimes even use it!....but the one in my bedroom is one that was destined for the scrap heap and my dear brother saved it. He cleaned it up and made it into a lamp...if you look closelyin the picture posted in my previous blog, you can see that there is a fringed shade over the sewing machine, that's actually the lamp part that is wired inside the machine! The table that it sits on was also destined for scrap, it was just the old iron bottom "legs" of the sewing machine. My brother saved those as well and put a beautiful piece of cherry wood on the top to make a table, so one Christmas about 5 years ago, I got the most beautiful handmade gift from my brother, a sewing machine "legs" table and a quaint little lamp made from an old sewing machine. It looks really cute together! Thanks Glenna for the comment and pointing out the machine so I could share this story with my blogging friends......now if my brother reads this blog he can get a big head! :o)

Rainy day today and dreary here in Indiana...the kids are out of school due to election day, they can't play outside, so they are restless. Ellie is restless as well because she got her 15 mos. shots yesterday...she's a little "crabby" :o) I'm trying to crank out some exchange stitching and Christmas gifts....so there ya go, a busy day!

Before I leave I'd like to take a moment to encourage the American citizens, that read my blog, to get out there and vote! My DH and I (Ellie in tow) were at the polls at 6 a.m. this morning to use our precious right to vote. We all need to be aware of the sacrifices that people in the past have done to secure this right and stand up and use it to make our voices heard! Ok, that's all I have to say besides - My name is Vonna Pfeiffer and I approve of this message :o)

18 comments:

  1. What a cute ornie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the ornament! Great job. :D

    Love the bedroom! Great choice on bedding and love the bed and "sewing" lamp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely ornament!

    Thank you for visiting my blog, it's always great to find new blogs :) I enjoy reading yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:54 AM

    Hi Vonna,

    I just wanted to say thanks for visiting my blog and leaving comments for me! :) I haven't quite figured out how to organise my stash completely, but at least I got the magazines sorted! LOL. I also love your ornie, I reckon your finishing turned out great, much better than anything I could do!

    eileen :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet ornie! Its tough putting one together with so many sides - you did a great job, Vonna.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ornament!!

    We love you here in blogging land too! {{Hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that's a great story, Vonna! You come from a very creative family :o)
    Your ornie looks wonderful! I hope Ellie is feeling better?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the ornie, and it is a nice way to use up Aida. Nice finishing too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think your ornament looks great - don't be so hard on yourself!

    Your bedroom is beautiful too - looks like a relaxing place to escape to!

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous10:25 AM

    What an adorable ornie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous10:30 AM

    Nice job on the ornament.

    I have used up some aida scraps on small needlebooks.

    Just an idea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have this snippet and am planning to do the "our first xmas" for my sister-in-law who married this year. Yours turned out very cute. Don't obsess about it being perfect, it is!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Vonna!

    I just found your blog and enjoyed reading it! I am 37 and the mother of four as well (including a son named Ian!), so I was particularly interested to see how you fit stitching into your busy life!

    I'll keep checking in!

    Carina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Christmas ornament is so cute!! You have done a really nice job on it too! Thank you for stopping by my blog and for the nice comments. I am getting closer! Debby

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cutr ornie and I too think your bedroom is beautiful, thanks for visiting my blog and the lovely comment

    ReplyDelete
  16. Vonna, your ornament is beautiful! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous9:26 AM

    Lovely to browse through a site belonging to an US stitcher and mum. Nice to see your bedroom too. Have a nice week and enough time for stitching moment.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aw, what a story! I meean the lamp story. That's great! Your brother sure has skills.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher