Monday, November 06, 2006

Decked out Bedroom!!!

Well, I stitched a lot this weekend....however nothing that I can show you....shhhh....they are gifts/exchanges....BUT I did get my new bedroom furnishings and I set it up Friday evening. I've always wanted a Matelasse bedspread and skirt....so here's the matelasse print, color=celedon: Here's the view from the right hand side:


And here's the view from the left hand side:


In our new home (we moved in May 30, 2006), we have 4000 sq. feet and three levels (walkout basement, main floor and then second floor), which we desperately needed with a family of 6. We had lived in a home with 1800 sq. feet for 10 years, of course we bought it newly married and w/o children! In our new home, I've had everything decorated for weeks, however, I never got around to doing our bedroom the way I wanted as money is tight right now. But I found a fabulous sale and got all the items seen (bed coverlet, bed skirt, shears, valances, pillows and shams) for a really, really great price. So early Christmas for us...my DH and I won't have anything to open under the tree this year at our house, but who cares! I've never had shear curtains in my bedroom before and let me tell you .....they're romantic, soften the light coming through the window and just beautiful! I'm throughly pleased with how it turned out. I even hung all the curtain rods by myself! Until next time....

Stitching on today: finish my USEBB Ornie for exchange and VoHRH

Today I'm thankful for Egyptian Cotton!






























18 comments:

  1. Oh, what a lovely bedroom. It's so clean!!! I wish mine were decorated so nicely and so uncluttered :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty bedroom. So restful and calming--a beautiful retreat. I love the matelasse also--makes the bed look so polished and tidy. I notice the old sewing machine--my mom had one, and I wish I had it now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh.... that looks so comforting. You did a great job picking out linens!

    Enjoy...

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh how pretty! Our bedroom is kinda that color too and we painted the walls an oyster white to match but we still need the curtains. I think you have sold me on the sheer part, lol. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bedroom looks like a picture from a magazine. You did a wonderful job decorating - its beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your bedroom, it so neat and just lovely. Oh so romantic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is your bedroom?? Right. Remind me never EVER to post a picture of my bedroom. I am now officially deeply ashamed of the state of my house...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vonna, your bedroom looks fabulous! Love it-wished mine looked that good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The bedroom looks great.. I'm playing a game called pay it forward.. Wanna play check out my blog for details.. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your bedroom looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Vonna,

    Your bedroom is just beautiful! I love how everything comes together. You've got a real talent for decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on decking out your bedroom. Your matlasse bedding is beautiful (and I love celadon!). Beautiful work on this and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous10:26 AM

    You did a beautiful job of decorating! Very lovely and so peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous10:27 AM

    Wonderful room! I'd stay in that room all the time :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Vonna, your bedroom looks gorgeous, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know that this is an older post, but I'm new to your blog and I just had to say that your bedroom looks fantastic. I love the new coverlet, curtains and all of the trimmings. You did a wonderful job! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher