Friday, October 13, 2006

TGIF

Well, I have no pictures today....sorry, but I do have good news Becky has admitted me into her USEBB (U.S. Exchange). I've never exchanged with anyone, so I'm excited that she accepted me! I've signed up for two upcoming exchanges....WINTER BLAST, which is anything to do with winter and ORNAMENT, which is of course a Holiday Ornament exchange.

I'm already busily stitching my Winter Blast exchange, although I don't know my "partner" yet. But I thought I may as well get started. I'm waiting to stitch my ornament until I know if there are any certain likes/dislikes as far as ornaments go (i.e. religious/non-religious, etc.). I think I'm going to do a "flat fold" for my Winter Blast exchange. I've never attempted one of those, however I have some really great snowflake fabbie that I've been waiting to use, so I think that is what I am going to try.

I've recently become very intrigued with scissor fobs, needle keeps and scissor keeps. My LNS is taking part in this on-line needlework show. Of course, I didn't let this pass me by....I finally broke down and purchased.....




FALL GIFTS by Carriage House Samplings plus some spectacular 28 ct. Belfast Linen to stitch it on.....I've been salivating over this pattern since I first saw it. It's on order, so I don't have it my hot little hands yet.....but soon, very soon.....

Well, my 'lil pumpkin here at home is dreadfully sick. She's radiating heat, and has copious amounts of nasal drainage. Poor 'lil gal, she wants to suck her paci, but can't do that and breathe at the same time. Never fear! We went to the Dr. and he gave us some meds! Daddy will pick them up on his way home! Well this is a work weekend for me.....for all you people out there with the weekend off....ENJOY!!!





10 comments:

  1. Hi Vonna,

    That's a great pattern. What color linen are you going to stitch it on? I sure hope your 'lil pumking feels better very soon. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:42 PM

    That is a lovely pattern. Have you picked out your fabric for it yet?
    Praying all the sick ones are soon well. hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy stitching your new pattern. I hope your little one gets to feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pumpkin piece. Nice stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:40 PM

    Hi Vonna! Thanks for the nice message on my blog. I'm not sure how I haven't run into your blog before but I'm glad I found you and that you are part of the USEBB. You are very blessed to have such a lovely family and I look forward to hearing more about them in the future. I hope baby Ellie feels better soon.

    As for me, I am a Staff Scientist doing malaria research for Walter Reed Army Institute. I came to the US in 2001 to do a post doc at the NIH, then met my hubby and never left lol! I am really looking forward to going home to NZ in December as it will be my first trip in 3 years. Catch you later!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the USEBB Vonna - You're going to have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Vonna, I know you are at work so you didn't get my email yet - yes, those two fabrics are yours!! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Argh, Vonna, I do hope Ellie is better! It's heartbreaking to see your little ones so miserable, isn't it?
    I love that CHS design!!! Are you actually going to stitch it on black linen? That's very brave!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Vonna! I hope your little one is feeling better now.

    I know you'll enjoy stitching for your exchange group. One day I hope to participate in some of these. But for now, I get to enjoy seeing what everyone else stitches. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poor little E! I hope she will recover soon. (I read in chronological order. That is why my comments may look odd.)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher