Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Here in the Burial Ground...

I've made little progress, but not too bad
considering that we had a busy, busy weekend.
I'm not too sure about the colors of this block. BUT it's early and it will probably *POP* more as the black of the background is filled in?! I hope?

Well Conner's Prairie was a lovely experience! I've never been there before and it was just great! The boys were not so intrigued by the whole deal, but I think they are a little young at 6 to realize what was going on. The people in the "living museum" actually work and dress and speak to you as if it is 1836. No kidding. I almost felt like I was barging into their home when we went into one, because they put on quite a front! We had a lovely day and the weather was PERFECT! It was a blessing to be with my family on such a beautiful day sharing a lovely time!

Well, back to stitching....I've not gotten all of my ornaments done for Christmas and it is bothering me a bunch. I'm so covered up with volunteering, that I'm not getting my goals done. Plus VoHRH is consuming me. I've never done a project this big and I am bound and determined that I will finish this! I think my husband thinks it will go in the WIP box, like a lot of other large projects go that I've started.....but I will get this one done. Scouts Honor!

So I think I'm going to start a couple of ornies and try to get them finished. Maybe small ones instead of the big involved ones that I get into will make it go smoother? Who knows?! What I need to remember is: stitching is my *calgon* moment! I'm not going to go heckbent for leather trying to make everything come together. It will all work out. But when you are an A type personality like me....I sometimes get myself bogged down in the deadlines and the rush or finishing rather than taking my ride down the lazy river and enjoying my craft!

Until next time - keep smiling! :o)
To steal from another blogger - - - I'm going to list something that I'm thankful for...as isn't nice to remind yourself of all the good things in life.

Today I'm thankful for all the good friends and acquaintances I've met through this Blog! You are much appreciated! :o)

10 comments:

  1. Vonna,

    I'm thankful for meeting you through your blog and isn't it wonderful that we meet other people through posting blogs on the side bar? I've met Michelle at Ozarks Sewn'Sews through your blog.

    I think your idea of doing simpler ornaments is a good one. I know that stitching can be stressful especially when there are deadlines. I think you've got a good game plan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have such grand expectations for the holidays every year, don't we! It's so hard to get everything done and something has to give. Simpler can be very nice. :D

    BTW, Walk the Line was a very interesting, good movie. The acting was marvelous. If you like country music, I think you'll enjoy it very much. My dh wasn't familiar with Johnny Cash too much and didn't realize his early associations with the greats of rock n roll. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sampler is coming along good. It looks like it is a big undertaking. I'm thankful to I found blogging. I may not have figured out how to do the blog rolls but I sure take advantage of everyone elses. There are a lot of nice people out there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your burial ground has a great start. This will be fun to watch you do this (and see if you stay in this block or move to another :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for checking in on my blog and leaving a sweet comment. Your Village is looking fantastic. One of these days, I will get around to the first one of these! And, I think it helps put everything in perspective when we take note of what we're thankful for...have at it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:38 PM

    I would say you are coming along well on your project. Huggers!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great start on Block nr 12. I'm sure the colours will lookk great once the black background is filled in. In my case, that might take a year or ten :o)
    You're absolutely right to change your goals for the X-Mas ornies. I have way-hay too many deadlines, and decided yesterday to stitch the things I really need to stitch (RRs and what have you), and leave the rest, unless I feel like it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Little finishes like ornies are great to have when you're working on such a large project like VoHRH. Definitely make sure you switch up a bit. And celebrate the finish of your block! That is a huge piece of work all by itself. And try not to forget to enjoy your stitching along the way. VoHRH looks great - I'm leaning over more and more to ordering it for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on finishing block 2! It turned out fantastic! :D

    The graveyard has a great start to it! This is a fun pattern, the colors are very nice. :)

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there! Thanks for visiting my blog! Come back often.

    Your progress on VoHRR is very nice. Have it in the stash, earmarked to begin it next year.

    I too am a Type A, so I relate to your deadline and lists mentality. We have to remember to slow down!And I agree that we do have the same interests and likes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher