Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Wacky Wednesday!


Here's my update for VoHRH....notice not a thing has changed in Block #2. The only "change" is that I am almost complete making all the block outlines. I got this wonderful idea from Kim who is doing HoHRH....I was always thinking I should stitch the outlines, but then I got lazy. After looking at Kim's wonderful blog and seeing her progress post to post, I thought I'm not crossing another X until I finish my block outlines. So see, I'm almost done! Makes you realize just how monstrous this project is...does it not?!

After I finish the church...I'm going to the cemetery...I feel a little "halloweenie-ish" and thought that it would be my next stop in the Village....it is Block #12.

Plus since there is no signature on this peice, I think I'm going to somehow sign it in an "old timey" way. Like "wrought by" or "this work is mine" I don't know if I'm going to incorporate it in a block or do it along the side. Any opinions???? Since you lovely ladies were astounding with your information on PinKeeps, what are your ideas about signing this piece? Don't hold back....let me know! :o)

Finally, I went on a little spending splurg....LITTERALLY....I purchased the following items:
http://www.silverneedle.com/pschooler-133winterwind350.jpg

http://www.silverneedle.com/pschooler-132autumnleaves350.jpg

http://www.acrossstitchintime.com/images/06-2021.jpg

http://www.lavenderwings.com/witchesriding.jpg

I really love the Lavender Wings Witch...Love it....

Well I'm up to my ears in cookie dough and my baby is up to her ears in cookies period as she's been sampling and covered in chocolate...
Gotta go...
:o)

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:15 PM

    I think I would do the block outlines too. Makes it easier then to do the rest. Michelle-ozark crafter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having the outlines helped me so much and made it much easier transitioning from block to block for me. It's just one less thing to think about. Plus it gave the whole thing an overall dimension so I could see what it would be like when I finish it. :D

    Your VoHRH is looking great! I don't know what to suggest about a signature though. Even though HoHRH has a 'place' for a name and year I am still planning on 'signing' mine at the bottom with a fancy signature that my husband is going to design for me. It's just such a big project and a big accomplishment that I want my full name on it. :D I suppose you could do that with yours with a small verse along the top or bottom. Could be fun to design. :D

    Love that Lavender Wing project too! Might even have to look into getting it. Good luck with those cookies! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great and I think stitching the outlines is a good idea. I am not very disciplined when I stitch and I like to jump around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take care not to eat Ellie, Vonna. She sure sounds good enough to eat! I really admire you for stitching the block outlines. But don't move too fast. Please!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Getting the blocks all done first sounds like a wise idea to me. Sorry, I'm no help with a signature. Hope you get some great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great. I am still stuck on the first square. I love this design, but the first square is my least favorite, and I am going really, really s-l-o-w-l-y on it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher