Tuesday, August 15, 2006

One of those days.....


Did you ever have one of those days that you have such high hopes, dreams, aspirations for it to go a certain way....and you have a guide book, a plan, a route that you're going to travel to get you to your destination....then you hit a brick wall and SHAZAM! That's it....everything you thought was going to happen falls apart. Well I've had one of those days today. Of course being a mother of 4 young children often brings me to this brick wall 5 out of 7 days. Most days I can deal with it. Today....NOPE, no dealing with it. Tomorrow is the first day of school (!). I'm ready for some structure, some routine, some MOMMY TIME! Of course I have a 1 year old still at home with me during the day....but I'm thinking that with some regularly scheduled naps, I'll get a little break from time to time. We'll just have to wait and see what the future holds.

Well on to stitching....none done so far today. Would like to get a little further on my Village of Hawk Run Hallow, but it won't happen this afternoon, maybe this evening with the kiddos going to bed early at 8 p.m. because of school tomorrow. We'll just have to wait and see.
Well as I write this interesting and enthralling blog....I hear my sweet little baby - who has had about a 15 minute nap - crying her head off.....so apparently "Mommy Time" is up....LUCKY, lucky me!
Until next time...........

2 comments:

  1. Ah, I see you've chosen the fluorescent pink for your blog as well ;o) Welcome to Blogland, I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay!
    Poor you though: no mommy time whatsoever! I can't imagine how you find time to stitch, with four beasties to take care of. Luckily, my munchkin still takes three hour naps each afternoon. Unfortunately, most of the time I have to take advantage of the peace and quiet and work...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sad for you. I've no family of my own, and I still get those moments you described. One plans, what one will do, and then life comes and messes up everything. Oh yes, so familiar to me. So I feel for you. I hope you can get even a few stitches made here and there.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher