Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Here they are!


Here are my sweet little snowmen I made for my stepmother....they are packaged and on their way to St. Louis as we speak. These were stitched on 11 ct. snow white aida. I used DMC threads, randomly chosen. This pattern is from Pine Mountain Designs. It originally had a large carrot nose button, so I charted a nose myself. Aren't these cuties? I just sew them in a circle to simulate a snowman head and leave the bottom unsewn. Then stuff them and choose a piece of christmas ribbon and sew it on the neck (sewing the neck closed. Then I tie a knot and it looks like a neck muffler. This is a "Vonna Original"! Quick to stitch too - I may stitch a bunch of these up and donate them to our church's Christmas Bazaar this year.

3 comments:

  1. That is a clever idea! I love how they turned out. :D

    Your kids are adorable. They must keep you very busy, I don't know how you find time to stitch. :D

    I would love to have a craft room, all I have is a "craft box" ... LOL Good luck setting it up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The snowmen are so CUTE! It's been a boring day at work and they cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My crafting area is my living room. The TV is there too, as is my trap aka VCR. I'm sad my DTA got broken some time ago, and now I can't but hope my VCR will stay OK.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher