Monday, December 31, 2012

Adios 2012...

A big thank you to all my faithful blog followers and readers for your support throughout the year! One of the most joyful things I do for myself, is author this blog. Your kindness and friendship that each of you that visit, take time to leave a comment for me, e-mail me...whatever it may be...brings me much joy.

Thank you so very much from the very bottom of my heart!  

2013 hasn't been my most productive year in stitches however the things I've accomplished personally in my life (physically, spiritually and mentally) and those most precious moments spent with my darling husband and most wonderful children, has been most worthwhile - and truly is where my heart lies. My life is such a spectacular blessing and I intend to grab it with both hands and live it fully, faithfully and actively while I thank God for all His many blessings in my life.

For those interested, here is a slideshow of my 2012 stitching finishes... (minus a huge model that took up about 3 months of my stitching year and will be revealed in early 2013!)....


In the New Year, have you made resolutions? I haven't, really other than living life with zest, zeal and enthusiasm - living life authentically.  Remembering to live life by the golden rule to "do unto others as I would have done to me". Living life following the "golden rule" is hard, but I get up every day knowing that "today is a new day" and rejoice that I have another chance to try to follow my path in life. So...that's what my continued goal is....being a light in a harbor of darkness. Of course, my light fails from time to time, burns out, gets foggy....but that is a part of being human. Another part of humanity is knowing that if you set your mind to it, that light can get brighter, or you can change the bulb. If we all turned our lights on and tried to help our fellow man in his search for safe harbor, how wonderful would this world be? Pretty wonderful, I'm thinking....

I've got my New Year's new start all lined up and ready to go! What about you?!

In this New Year of stitching resolutions...don't forget that I still have many stitch~a~longs going on and current! Stitching~a~long with people on a project that has like minded goals and love of a certain project is great good fun!

Stitching the Little House Flock
Stitching Santa's Village Together
Little House Needleworks Ornament SAL
The Cottage Stitch~A~Long
Stitching Elizabeth Hancock
The Prairie Schooler ABC Stitching Bee

Maybe finishing some of those stitching finishes are on your list of goals for 2013? Then let me help you there too!

Learn to Finish with the Twisted Stitcher

And tonight as you celebrate your 2012 and ring in 2013, know that each of you are in my prayers for a happy, healthy and wonderful 2013!
Until next time,
Vonna xxx












44 comments:

  1. It's been another wonderful year to follow your stitching and your doings. I always love to read about your family, your wonderful stitching and finishing, and your doings during the year. Happy New Year to you and your wonderful family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Vonna - Happy New Year to you and your lovely family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Vonna,
    Wishing you and your loved ones a splendid new year...may each day be filled with light and special blessings!
    Warmly,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you a healthy, happy and very merry stitchy new year!
    Take care,
    Bisxxx from France

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you and happy 2013
    Fabrizia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your 2012 finishes are all beautiful Vonna ! Can't wait to see what you stitch in 2013! A happy and blessed New Year to you and your family !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vonna --
    Great posts always! WOO HOO!!! on your finishes! I'm so glad that I was finally able to meet you this year. Hopefully we can get together again next year!

    Happy New Year to you and your family:)

    HUGS and LOVE to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blog always inspires and uplifts me! Thank you for always being a positive force in the stitching world (as I am sure you are in all facets of your life). I look forward to being inspired and trying some of your finishes. Happy New Year!!
    Hugs
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blog is always wonderful to come to. Sometimes I think that we all need to step back and assess our lives and sometimes stitching isn't on the top of our list - it wasn't for me this year. I look forward to see what you accomplish during the next year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful thoughts, beautiful finishes (can't wait to see the big reveal) and great goals for the coming year and your life, in general. God's blessings to you and your family, Vonna for a happy and healthy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Many blessings to you and your family and thanking them too for sharing you with us.
    It has been a pleasure to come see all your work and I look forward to seeing your continued work in the coming year.
    Blessings,
    Jackie:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your 2012 finishes are wonderful! And they are so beautifully finish-finished. Love your blog and look forward to finding out what you'll be up to in 2013. Happy New Year to your and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy New Year! Looking forward to seeing the HUGE model soon :-)
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  15. No resolutions for me. I get too depressed when I break them almosr immediately! Best wishes for a wonderful 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just finished kitting up my 15 Crazy January Challenge pieces. This year I was kind to myself and chose some easy small projects. Happy New Year, Vonna!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Vonna, your posts are always something I look forward to! You are such a positive influence full of passion for this craft of ours! I also want to say thanks for your tutorials. I have referred to them often for guidance. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  18. No resolutions for me :-) Happy New year !!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy New Year, Vonna!

    I read your post and I want you to know that the love of Christ abd your faith certainly shines through your blog.
    Thank you for freely sharing your love of needlework with us and continually amazing me with your beautiful handcraft.
    All the best in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for continuing your blog,..for continuing to allow us to know you and your family, to enjoy your stitching and your tutorials, and to feel comfort in your words. The Golden Rule is my resolution too..always. You give us all so many gifts, and even though I do not always comment, I appreciate you so much! Terry in Texas (the same old one..lol) *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wishing you a very Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Vonna after spending a weekend with you, I can assure you that you do live your life with zest, zeal, and enthusiasm!!! And, you are truly an authentic person. Beautiful pieces and beautiful stitching. Looking forward to your 2013 posts!!!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  23. A Blessed, Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy New Year to you and Happy Stitching too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you for your inspiring blog. Happy New Year to you and your family !!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy New Year Vonna! Look forward to reading your blog in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  27. A blessed and very Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy New Year Gonna I hope it is full of blessings for you and your family! Happy stitching! -Annie

    ReplyDelete
  29. 2012 was a great year for your stitching Vonna. Your family ornies w/black trim really turned out especially nice, good eye choosing your trim choice. Happy Stitchy New Year and all the best in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Happy New Year Vonna!
    All the best to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lovely finishes, and good luck with your goals/projects for the coming year. I don't do much with resolutions, pretty much just a general "do better", try to do better with how I treat people and myself, with eating healthy, etc... Saw someone post they don't do resolutions up front in the new year, but pick one at the beginning of each month as they go along and focus on that for the month, thought that was a neat idea. You can customize as you go depending on what's happening and with one focus in some cases it's easier to turn the resolution into a habit by the end of a month. Loved your Poinsettia House ornament set, what a great idea! Have a great New Year.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm so happy 2012 has blessed you with an understanding of what is most important in life, Vonna... You sound like you're in a really "good place" now and I am so happy for you. Your stitching is always a treat for all of us and you've helped each of us become better finishers with your generous tutorials. Thank you so much and I wish for you and your dear family a year filled with love and laughter, joy and happiness :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wishing you a very Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Have a wonderful New Year Vonna, and your family too. All the best for 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Your 2012 was just what it needed to be for you and your family, and for your blogging friends and followers. You were inspiring as always and generous with your tutorials and sharing. Looking forward to learning and sharing with you in 2013. Be well, stay safe, and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Happy New Year, Vonna! I hope each day is filled with peace and stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Very nice presentation! All the best in 2013 and fast needle :-)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Your posts are always an inspiration. Blessings to you and your family and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Happy New Year Vonna, I love your outlook for this upcoming year! I've always enjoyed your blog, I just don't get by as frequently as I'd like to!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Happy new year to you all :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. Happy New Years Vonna!

    Love your blog and I look forward to spending lots of time on on the Learn to Finish blog so I can get some of my things actually finished AND displayed!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you.
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher