Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 Finale...

Happy New Year...
to all my blogging buddies, stitching sisters and fellows! I hope that 2012 is a year filled with health, wealth, happiness and many contented hours filled with your needle and thread. I always find this time of year poignant...things I want to forget, things I want to celebrate, things I want to improve, things I want to accomplish...but most of all I just get this overwhelming sense of I'm right where I'm supposed to be, doing just what I'm supposed to be doing and feeling very blessed and humble. I'm very thankful for what I have been given in this life and I try very hard to return that to the world by giving back the best way I know how and to open myself to God and his plan for me.

This week...
has been a super-fantabulous week of family. Ellie has been very ill (we were in the ER on Christmas morning) but she's rebounded, however not before infecting her siblings - we've had at least one fall prey and another that has symptoms (but no progression yet)...so since we've been a herd of sickos this week, its been pleasant just to be here at home with each other. Mr. Pfeiffer took the week as well so it was fun having Daddy here with us to play each day! We love Daddy! And Daddy being here gives Momma some time to do what she does best.

Here's the finale...
of my 2011 stitching. Please let me introduce:
Poinsetta House

"Poinsettia House"
by: Little House Needleworks ~ Diane Williams
copyright: 2009
Stitched with DMC and Crescent Colours as charted
on 25 ct. lugana Country Vintage Mocha one over one

Here's some...
detail on the stitching and finishing. Notice I changed "Poinsettia House" to "Christmas 2011" while stitching. Then while finishing, I rusched some satin ribbon and found the most perfect olive colored beads to use for the pin heads to accent the ornament.
Poinsetta House finish



As I was stitching...
this beauty (and let me tell you stitching it over 1 made it the most gorgeous finish) I kept thinking about that urn of poinsettias next to the house. What about those? They'd make a cute ornament, right?! So off I went to my scrap drawer and come up with these:
Sister Ornaments

"Sister Ornaments"
motifs taken from Poinsettia House by Little House Needleworks
copyright 2009
stitched on 28 ct. unknown linen with Cresent Colours and DMC as charted


Before I...
even stitched these I had them envisioned as an oval ornaments. So I executed them as my vision detailed and finished them as the house ornament:

Poinsetta Urn Ornament


Last night...
I had a very productive finishing evening! These turned out fabulous and put the exclamation mark (!) on the end of our holiday time together and also of my 2011 stitching as the finale to a great year! It was a fabulous week and this set of ornaments will always remind me of this time together during our Christmas 2011. Plus a little side on this design: it was the first assignment over at 2012 Year of Smalls  and I think I'm going to ask to join in the fun over there.

ornaments


This Advent...
I had a very wonderful thing happen for me in my religious life. A little "back history" is that none of my pregnancies were normal and everyone was delivered in an "emergency" situation. There were periods of time with the boys pregnancy and Ellie's pregnancy that I was on complete bed rest. During these times, I could not attend church. But I had this wonderful lady that came and gave me communion. It meant so much to me when she came and visited, prayed with me and brought me Jesus. I still can remember her rubbing the pyx on my belly (when the boys were still inside) and praying with me for a delay in their arrival (as I was in labor at 28 weeks gestation). This past November, our church put in the Sunday bulletin that they needed extraordinary Eucharistic ministers to the sick. I knew immediately that I had to help others as I was once helped. On December 14, 2011 I was commissioned by my parish priest and given my tools to take the Eucharist to those sick of our parish. I'm very humbled by this and hope that I will just be a flicker of light to those in need. Just like the lady that came and gave the Eucharist to me when I was in need.
eucharistic minister tools

So that...
wraps up our December and holiday season! Now for the 2011 in review...

I have had...
only 37 finishes this year, down from previous years. But this year I've had some fabulous firsts that I'd like to remember.

I created...
the embroidery hoop box. I don't own it as I donated it, but I sure did like it whilst it was here. I will definitely be stitching another of these for me someday.
BBD Stitching Box Front View

Blackbird Designs "Summer House Pincushion"
mounted onto my embroidery hoop box

I taught...
myself counted thread needlepoint. This first project turned out successfully. It was framed this fall and given to my Mom for Christmas. She loved it. I'll be doing some more of this in future.
Amish Trip Around the World 2

"Amish Trip Around the World"
by Nancy's Needle

I went...
to my first Stitching Retreat! WHOO HOO! That was a super-great, good time and I'm going again in 2012. I look forward to seeing old friends and meeting new!
My Stitching Place w signature

"Beauty and Grace"
retreat design by Tree of Life Samplings ~ Jan Alexander

My Mom...
retired in February and I was trying to think of something to interest her. I read Brenda Gervais' blog and found out about the Iowa Eagles and found the link. Gave it to Mom and she watched those birds constantly. She even would call me and we'd tune into the nest cam together on our computers and talk on the phone about them with each other for an hour or more each day. It was a non-thinker when Brenda advertised her "Soar Sampler". I got it and stitched it for my Mom. I'll be stitching it again for me, too.

Soar Sampler w signature

"Soar Sampler"
by Brenda Gervais of With Thy Needle and Thread, "Country Stitches"

I had...
always loved this simple design and its little prayer. So I stitched it up for me this year and it hangs right over my stitching chair. It sums me up pretty good, I do believe
Stitchers Prayer with signature

"Stitcher's Prayer" by Little House Needleworks~Diane Williams

But I must say...
that my all time favorite finish for 2011 is:

"Family Sampler" Blue, Honor and Champion Ribbon Winner

"The Family Sampler" by Little House Needleworks~Diane Williams

The Family Sampler...
was my second finish of the year. It was the first thing I ever entered into our county fair, which I had wanted to enter things for years - but was afraid that I wasn't a good enough stitcher. But the stars aligned and my sampler won some really great ribbons! But how could you go wrong with a design so pretty and that fabulous frame from Valley House Primitives ?! Winner, winner, chicken dinner! I say...

2012...
I hesitate to even begin to acknowledge what I would like to stitch this year. Every year I make these grand plans (or delusions), and for the first month or so, I execute and then I move on to something else that I hadn't planned...to which the whole great debate I had with myself at the end of the prior year falls apart. Sound familiar? ;)

So...
with held breath I will say that I would like to focus on: The Elizabeth Hancock Adaptation , The Monthly Cottages , The ABC's and some Ornaments . In the grand scheme of things my only true goal is to stitch - which I'll meet because my life isn't complete without stitching. After that I would like to be sure that I stitch at least one ornament per month. Just like my Idol, Mistress Carol over at "Stitching Dreams" blog. I've been following her since shortly after her blogs inception and I just well, salivate every time she posts. I aspire to be just like her! period.

See...
I have no delusions (or allusions) of grand plans. No 500 starts in 500 days or whatever (although I probably would do a bang up job of that too!).  None of that only stitching on what I have or what I've started. (That's like a diet and I suck at those already.) Nope, nope, nope. I'm just doing what Vonna wants to do when she wants to do it. Smile! Live Life! and Be me! Because I like me and I like what I can do when I put my mind to it.

But...
for inquiring minds....here is my grand plan for this evening and tomorrow. MY New Year's Start - let's hope this is not a delusion:

New Years Start Project

and here it is all ready to slip inside it's envelope in case I need to take it travelling with me:
packed and ready

Happy New Year...
thank you all for visiting with me all year long. I'm ready to see you in 2012 and see your stitching, read about your life, visit with your family,  lend a shoulder to you when you need it,  applaud you on your stitching and take my hat off to your fabulousness!

Until we meet again...
I'll be keeping my hands at work and heart to God, just like always.

Love and hugs,
Vonna

87 comments:

  1. Happy New Year and congratulations on some lovely finishes for the year. The ornies are gorgeous.

    Special congratulations on becoming an extraordinary Eucharist Minister. What a very special position to hold.

    Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic stitching and congrats on being able to help others as you were helped. Have a lovely, peaceful and stitchy new year x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello from your newest follower!

    I love your blog and your stitching is amazing. I would say you had a most productive 2011. I'm sorry to hear the kids got sick for Christmas, but I hope they are doing better now. You have a goal same as me. I want to stitch 12 ornaments for my tree next year too. :)

    Happy New Years!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a year, Vonna! When you created the idea with the embroidery hoops I thought how brilliant and how well you finished it! I hope to see more. I agree that the favourite must be your family sampler, so perfect!

    Looking forward to seeing more of your wonderful stitching in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on becoming and Extraordinary Eucharist Minister, you certainly will bring comfort to many.
    Your Poinsettia House ornaments are absolutely beautiful as is all of your stitching. No 500 starts in 500 days for me either! I am looking forward to spending time with Elizabeth Hancock and the cottages though :) Happy New Year to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad Ellie is ok -- how scary it must have been for you to be in the ER with her! Sorry you all have spent the week being sick -- not fun. But yes, it's wonderful to have father home, right? My DH took the week off as well! Lovely ornament finishes -- wow! It must have been quite a contrast in stitching to go from over one to 28ct over two. Love all the favorite projects from 2011 as well! And how wonderful of you to bring comfort to sick ones at Christmas time too. That is just so special, being a Eucharist Minister. Happy New Year to you and yours. I hope the sickness leaves your family soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful year in review. Of all your accomplishments, I'm sure you're most pleased to have become an extraordinary Eucharist Minister. I know, without a single doubt, that you're going to be a blessing to all who need your care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your ornaments are beautiful an the finishing makes them perfect. I enjoyed reviewing some of your favorite finishes of 2011.
    I hope that everyone in the family will start feeling better soon... what a scare you had on Christmas.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such beautiful work that you do. Wishing you a happy and blessed new year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Vonna, lovely finishes for 2011. Wish you a great stitchy year

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy & Healthy New Year!
    Bisxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the Poinsettia Urn ornaments! What a fantastic idea and what fantastic finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have had a very good year. So many beautiful thing.

    Wishing you all the best for 2012. Get everyone healthy!

    Bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Vonna, your blog is among my favourites. You're such an inspiration to me both in stitching and in your religious devotion. I'm looking forward to reading and learning more from you in the new year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy New Year Vonna! I hope your family recovers quickly and no one else gets sick.

    I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed reading your blog this past year. You are such an inspiration in so many ways!

    You'll love AotH- it's a big project but all of the individual blocks feel like new starts and a finish.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy New Year, I love your plan for 2012 it sounds just right. Congratulations on becoming a Eucharist Minister I wish you the best with it and that you may bring a bright light of faith to those you visit.
    You have some lovely pieces there from this year, wishing you many more for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  17. ohhhhh what a lovely post from start to finish and every thing in between ... love the over one ornaments , congratulations on being able to be a Eucharist Minister .. fantastic news on the fair and lets just say I for one love to see your posts and your finishes and when I grow up I want to be just like you :) wishing you a wonderful healthy , happy stitchy new year :) love mouse xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy New Year's Vonna! You are such an inspiration. Thank you. imvickie@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your end of year wrap up post was both interesting and thoughtful (reflective). I so enjoy your blog and look forward to reading it next year.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Vonna --
    What a FANTASTIC post. I love your Poinsettia House finish along with the ornaments. They look exquisite.

    Glad to hear your little Ellie is doing better and I hope the rest of your family fairs well too.

    Thanks for recapping your 2011 stitching highlights and some of the things you plan on doing in 2012. I so agree with you that we just need to stitch what makes us HAPPY and enjoy the process. Stitching is enjoyment and we should feel stressed about it.

    I am cheering you on from Chicago with your new start. I just know you will enjoy it!

    Can't wait to meet you in person at Jan's retreat in June. I think just about our whole stitching group is coming:))))

    Happy New Year to you and your family. Thanks for a great year of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sorry to hear about the trip to ER and glad Ellie is ok.
    Your stitching is gorgeous. I love Poincettia's.
    Wishing you all a very Happy New Year from my family and me in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a wonderful reflection of the year that's past.I so enjoy reading your blog and your beautiful finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such beautiful projects Vonna! Best wishes for a very Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You had some awesome finishes this year Vonna! I don't think I can just pick one as a favorite!

    I hope that you find some time for stitching this evening; I hope to do the same.

    Now I'm off to look and see if I have LHN's Poinsettia House in my stash!

    Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy New Year Vonna!
    Your Poinsettia house ornaments are stunning, one over one is amazing!
    You have had another fantastic stitching year, and you are always so encouraging and inspiring to others. I love reading your blog, and look forward to seeing your beautiful work again in 2012.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Nicky, NZ

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy New Year!
    Fantastic stitching and love reading your post. I will be going to Jan's retreat next year as well so I will meet you there. I am one of the stitchers of Laura's group at the Year of Smalls but mine will be coming up there in July:-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a fabulous finale Vonna. You truly are an inspiration to us all - not only in your stitching but in your committment to your family and your God. Thank you for sharing your talents with us. Best wishes for a wonderful 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I've enjoyed spending the year with you on your blog, Vonna. I pray that your new year will bring many blessings as you minister to others in all areas of your life!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Happy New Year to you and your family. Hope the kids are feeling better. I'm am always in awe over your stitching and look forward to seeing what you stitch next.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Anonymous4:33 PM

    Hey Von,
    So proud to see all your accomplishments for 2011. You are first a great wife, mother and daughter and you don't know how proud I am of you.

    May God Bless you in 2012!

    Love always,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hope you are all feeling better. Love your latest finishes too! The beads are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Glad you are all feeling better. Your pointsettia ornaments are so beautiful, what a lovely idea for your daughters. I, too, have many 'delusions' for the new year, but it will make for some fun stitching!

    Have a happy and healthy 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a fantastic post Vonna. All your finishes (as well as your stitching) are superb. And thank you once again for the design of the hoop scissor box that I adore every day! My mom had communion brought to her here every week and it was so important to her. We always had coffee and sweets ready and she so enjoyed the company also. You will receive blessings for this! Best wishes for 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful new finishes Vonna! So sorry the sickness has visited your house too - the cold remedy shelf at our Walgreens is nearly bare so I know lots of others are suffering.

    You had a great year all around and congrats on your new work for your church. I hope you and your family have a great year ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. How absolutely beautiful!

    Do you have an archive blog entry on how to finish these ornaments? I would love to try some smaller things, but have no idea to do with them once they are done.

    Thanks and what a wonderful stitching year you had!

    Chelle

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a wonderful year end summary. As always your stitching and finishing is beautiful.

    What a wonderful way to give back and ensuring those who are sick may receive communion as well.

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Happy New Year Vonna!! Thank you for always being such an encourager and beautiful woman and stitcher! I love the LHN Poinsetta House and the ornaments you made also! You have had a great stitching year and I hope you have another one in 2012. Thanks for all the inspiration you give!

    ReplyDelete
  38. As always...such beautiful finishes. Wishing a happy stitchy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Anonymous8:55 PM

    Happy New Year to you and yours, Vonna! Congratulations to you as you begin your journey as an extraordinary Eucharist Minister!

    Robin in Virginia

    P.S. Cheering you on in your quest of 12 ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Happy New Year to you and your family!

    Gorgeous ornaments, love your stitching and finishing! You have a very productive 2011, looking forward to seeing your projects in 2012!

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  41. Your Poinsettia House and two smaller ornaments are gorgeous. I always love how you finish your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Bless you, Vonna. I just spent 11 days in the hospital in the first part of December - I was quite ill and wound up having surgery - all is well now!

    Anyway - I cannot tell you how happy I was when the Lady brought me communion - just settled my soul.

    Mary in MN

    ReplyDelete
  43. What a wonderful post! It sounds like you had a fantastic stitching year. I love what you did with the hoop box and so happy your Family Sampler did so well at the fair. Your Poinsetta House finishes came out wonderful...ornies and all.

    I think it's great that you certified to bring communion to the sick. Getting back to church/faith is one of my personal goals for the new year...after many years. I'm hoping I can keep it up.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Happy New Year to you and your family Vonna! Ive been a rubbisg commenter in 2011 but im still reading and loving your blog as usual :-)

    ReplyDelete
  45. Happy New Year, Vonna!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Happy New Year !!

    Your ornaments are beautiful and I love the finishes with the special pins.

    I hope your kids are feeling better.

    Peace and joy for the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Vonna, what a beautiful post. It takes my breath away. You really are an inspiration to many people. God Bless you and yours with every good. Thanks for your posts. Cathryn PS Hope you all are/will be well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  48. What a lovely post Vonna, such a lot of beautiful stitching - what a feast for the eyes!

    Happy new year - may it hold many happy hours of stitching and good times with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Happy New Year!!!! I am sure you will be a blessing to someone as a Eucharist Minister :-).

    Love your plans, you will absolutely enjoy stitching AotH, it's completely addicting and doable in a year.

    Praying lots of stitching time and a blessed year for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Congratulations on the finish. It is beautiful as always as are the others.
    Congratulations on becoming an Extraordinary Eucharist Minister. As you have been blessed, you too will help to bring blessings to others.
    I will say a prayer for your little one that they will be better soon.
    Take care and I look forward to seeing all your stitching plans for 2012.

    Happy New Year.

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  51. This is a great blog with such lovely things on. I have become your newest follower. Happy new year
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  52. Well, now you've got me all teary-eyed, Vonna! And on the first day of the new year!! I'm YOUR idol?? I think it can be turned around to say the same about you being my idol!! I mean look at your glorious Poinsettia House ornament finish--stunning, absolutely stunning!! You are so sweet with your compliments, but I have to say that without the inspiration that your finishes have provided, I would never have stitched all those ornaments over the past three years. Your tutorials are so very helpful to us all. I know they take a long, long time to put together, but I truly appreciate them--and you :)

    Wishing you a year filled with the joy, love, and laughter that your house filled with kids will surely bring!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Happy New Year Vonna! I always enjoy your blog as it is very uplifting.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Happy New Year Vonna!

    You are such an incredible person, I love following your posts!

    All the best for you and your family & friends in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Happy New Year Vonna! Glad to hear Ellie is feeling doing ok. Thanks for sharing your stitching year in review. I love your Poinsettia House finish and your creative way of finishing the Poinsettia Urn as ornaments. Wishing you and your family health and happiness in 2012.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  56. What a grand year it has been! I'm planning to see you at the retreat this year if all holds! Are you making "use the stash at hand" end so quickly? The church has made a wonderful choice - I can hardly imagine how much sweeter you are in person! Happy Stitching New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  57. I'm so happy that you are serving as an Extraordinary Minister! what a blessing for you and for those you will visit. It meant so much to my father (who had been a daily communicant most of his life) when a neighbor started bringing the Eucharist to him every day.

    I will keep you and your family in my prayers. May God bless you and yours in the coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Oh Vonna, your stitching year was a full success. And what a wonderful final bunch of ornaments you finished. I love your new start for the new year - a great plan to stitch the Anniversaries series.
    I hope you are all feeling well again, particularly Miss Ellie.
    Happy New Year to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Happy New Year to you and your family. Gorgeous finishes. Look forward to seeing your stitching in 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  60. Hi Vonna! Sorry to hear about the bug going around in your family! I guess it's that time of the year. I have so enjoyed your blog and enjoyed seeing all of your beautiful stitched pieces! Now, what I want to know is.....how on earth do you stitch so fast? Share your secret? Please......

    I'm so enjoying stitching Elizabeth. I'm happy you have inspired us to stitch her in 2012.

    Happy and healthy days ahead!
    Carol E

    ReplyDelete
  61. Dearest Vonna, First off, hope the darlings are on the mend from being sick..not fun, especially at this time of year! Also, congrats on being chosen to be a Eucharist Minister. You will be perfect to assist others in their time of need.

    I LOVE your photo wrapup of the year. I remembered each and every picture and when you posted them. Truly works of art...Excellent!

    Poinsetta House is a great design. I have in fact stitched it and it was a gift. Now, you make me want to restitch it for myself or another gift. I love your adaptation...

    Looking forward to being with you on several of thes SAL's..Like you, I intend on enjoying 2012 instead of making delusional resolutions....live life and enjoy being you...right?..

    So, have a great week and keep up the great work!! Always, Faye

    ReplyDelete
  62. Congratulations on being an Eucharistic Minister to the sick!! What a wonderful calling. I remember how grateful I was to receive Communion when I was in the hospital with my twins. I felt so blessed and happy. I have often thought of wanting to be an Eucharistic Minister but I hate being the center of attention and just the thought of walking up on the altar makes me want to bolt in the opposite direction. I know you'll do a wonderful job.

    Love the ornaments that you made! They are so pretty. I enjoy your... not resolutions, not goals, but things that you hope to work on. I am the same--can't do 'I will do this!' because it's a recipe for disaster for me--but instead try to trick myself into staying the course. I look forward to seeing all of your accomplishments, no matter what they are, and reading about your life!

    Happy new year to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  63. Love your version of 'Poinsettia House' over one. I see it in a new light now. Hope everyone is getting back to full health.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  64. Goodness me...you simply amaze me... your needle must be enchanted with a wee bit of pixie dust surely! Such lovelies!

    Wishing you and your family fine health, peace, love, and laughter in the coming year.

    Warmly,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  65. Vonna, Happy New Year to you and your family! I look forward to seeing all of your beautiful stitching this new year!!

    The ornaments are gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  66. beautiful pictures !

    marylin France

    ReplyDelete
  67. Your 2011 finishes are fantastic and your firsts were very special. I really like your 2012 list, too.

    I think it's wonderful that you are a Eucharist Minister. I know you will bring a lot of comfort. I participate in our parish's Adoration Chapel and prayer circle, and it has given back to me so much more than I have given.

    Happy New Year! Hope its filled with blessings and lots of happy hours stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  68. Happy New Year Vonna it sounds like you've had a lovely holiday season. You've stitched up some nice last finishes for the year!

    All the best in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  69. What lovely finishes and what an honor to serve others. I hope 2012 brings you all the best. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  70. Your ornaments are lovely as always. I am sorry to hear that everyone has been sick. I hope everyone gets to feeling better soon. Have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  71. You had a great year! The oval ornaments are lovely. I never would have thought to do that! I know you will be a great comforter and encourager to all you come in contact with in your new position. I wish you a happy stitching year for 2012 and can't wait to see your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  72. Happy New Year, Vonna! You've had some beautiful finishes in 2011! You are such an inspiration to us, both with your stitching and the way you live your life with such a positive attitude. Congratulations on becoming a Eucharistic Minister! Your visits will be such a blessing to those who can't attend Mass!

    ReplyDelete
  73. I love reading your blog and seeing your beautiful finishes. Isn't it neat how God works in our lives? Thank you for sharing with us. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  74. What a wonderful post! It's so nice to read a happy, uplifting message from someone as happy and content and talented as you are. Congratulations on becoming a Eucharist Minister. When my dad was in the hospital (several times), receiving the communion was so special and we all received the prayers. Many blessings to you in your new role!

    ReplyDelete
  75. Happy New Year 2012!!
    May all your wishes, hopes and dreams are fulfilled;
    the joy and hope, are your faithful companions along this year.
    Hugs, Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  76. What a beautiful post to top off the year. Your work and ideas are gorgeous and you are an inspiration to us all. I'm so glad you are passing on the blessings to others that were once done for you- a glorious gift. May your 2012 be richly blessed with all that God has in store for you.

    ReplyDelete
  77. Happy New Year Vonna and congrats on such a successful 2011 stitching year! Your projects look wonderful and it was great to see them all again.

    Sorry to hear Ellie was ill on Christmas and that some of the others caught it too. I hope everyone is fully recovered now.

    Congrat on your Eucharistic ministry! I've been thinking of joining the pastoral care group but it's difficult with me living an hour away. So I'm going to look and see if there's a local group doing the same thing. Quite often the hospital has a pastoral care committee.

    ReplyDelete
  78. I made myself a follower of your site, because I was looking how to finish my ornaments. Your tutorials will be a great help by this, someone from my Dutch cross stitch club gave your website/Blog. Beautiful things do you make.

    ReplyDelete
  79. Happy new year Vonna, I hope everyone has recovered from the lurgy now.

    Your finishes are gorgeous, congratulations

    And I shall keep you in my prayers for your Eucharistic ministry.

    ReplyDelete
  80. Congratulations on becoming a Eucharist Minister! I know you will be amazing in that role and bring lots of comfort and prayer to those that need it.

    Your work is always so gorgeous-37 finishes sound wonderful to me! You should be so proud of your body of work! Happy New Year to you and your lovely family!

    ReplyDelete
  81. Congratulations on becoming a Minister of The Eucharist. I know from my Grandmother's experience how a special and important role it is.

    You have had some really pretty finishes this year. I particularly love your Poinsettia House finish.

    I hope 2012 brings you and your family much peace and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  82. Happy New Year to you and yours!!! Love the ornies and your year end finishes, and what an awesome way to give back and minister.

    Hope everyone is well from being sick, and I'm looking forward to your pics and posts in 2012. :)

    ReplyDelete
  83. Happy New Year! Thank you so much for sharing your faith, your family, your creative ideas, and certainly your friendship. Sure planning to be at retreat also.

    I'm so thankful for your ministry. Judith

    ReplyDelete
  84. Happy New Year and what a great group of ornaments for your final finish of 2011. I too, have done Eucharist Ministering in the past. Last year I was sick and then had surgery and recovery that lasted several months - I looked forward to the prayers and visit from the EM in the hospital and then while recovering. I think some day I will put my name back on the available EMing list...it is an honor!

    Looking forward to seeing what you stitch and finish in 2012 - you sure are a great finisher!! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  85. Wow, Vonna! How does one keep up with you, my dear ;-)

    You are truly amazing and inspiring...or should I say encouraging.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you.
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher